Sunday, June 8, 2008

Chiang Mai

Well first off sorry because I have been spelling Chiang Mai wrong. Not that the English spelling matters much, but oh well.

The rest of our time in Cambodia was awesome, I will try to post pictures tomorrow if I can. I am back in Thailand now after a 3 hour taxi to the border, 5 hour bus to Bangkok, and 15 hour bus to Chiang Mai on a sick double decker. Chiang Mai is located in northern Thailand in the mountains and is really a cool place, it is nice to not be in Bangkok and to be getting a more authentic experience in some ways. It is still a heavily traveled spot so we decided to take a 3 day motorcycle trip through the mountains with no partiular goal in mind. We will proabaly go to the town of Pai which is much smaller and much higher elevation for a break from such hot weather all the time.

It is already noticably cooler than Cambodia though which is thrilling to me as I really enjoy colder temperatures especially for sleeping.

Two notes:

I got to explore ruins from over 10 major temples dating back to the 9th-12 centuries. All are in different shape, some have giant trees growing out of them, some are constantly preserved.

I got a meal during our bus ride last night after leaving the bus station that has 3 food courts and 3 stories with over 300 bus terminals. Anyways i got the food on a stop and it was Thai spicy which meant that my tongue actually became swollen it was so spicy hot.

No comments: